Sunday, February 23, 2014

Coffee Flowers

 My coffee plant has brought out a few flowers for the first time. This is the season for coffee flowers, which make the coffee plantations in Coorg and Wayanad sell heavenly. The flowering season lasts for a very short time, like the cherry blossom season in Japan.
 I was lucky to visit a coffee plantation in Coorg when the whole place was awash with flowers. The flowers smell like jasmine, they don't have a coffee fragrance!
 Unlike the tea plantations, the coffee plantations are ecologically friendly, as many other plants thrive there.
You can see some lovely flowers at Today's Flowers.

8 comments:

  1. You remind me to my childhood in my parents coffee plantation. A beautiful fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a coffee flower before. To see so many of them at a coffee plantation must be an incredible site. I would love to smell their fragrance. Thank you so much for sharing these today and wishing you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Denise, I had never seen a coffee flower before either and this is an incredible sight!! Wonderful captures for the day and so much beauty! Thanks for sharing!! Hope you have a great new week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that fragrance must be a wonderful experience. I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I planted a coffee bush late last year - I will have to watch out for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete