Sunday, February 23, 2014

Coffee Flowers

 My coffee plant has brought out a few flowers for the first time. This is the season for coffee flowers, which make the coffee plantations in Coorg and Wayanad sell heavenly. The flowering season lasts for a very short time, like the cherry blossom season in Japan.
 I was lucky to visit a coffee plantation in Coorg when the whole place was awash with flowers. The flowers smell like jasmine, they don't have a coffee fragrance!
 Unlike the tea plantations, the coffee plantations are ecologically friendly, as many other plants thrive there.
You can see some lovely flowers at Today's Flowers.

6 comments:

  1. You remind me to my childhood in my parents coffee plantation. A beautiful fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a coffee flower before. To see so many of them at a coffee plantation must be an incredible site. I would love to smell their fragrance. Thank you so much for sharing these today and wishing you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Denise, I had never seen a coffee flower before either and this is an incredible sight!! Wonderful captures for the day and so much beauty! Thanks for sharing!! Hope you have a great new week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that fragrance must be a wonderful experience. I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I planted a coffee bush late last year - I will have to watch out for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greate post. Keep writing such kind of information on your blog.
    Im really impressed by your blog.
    Hello there, You have performed a great job.

    I'll certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends.

    I am confident they'll be benefited from this website.



    Feel free to visit my web blog :: SkinRevive (Skin Revive)

    ReplyDelete