Monday, May 27, 2019

Rare Beauties of the Western Ghats

 The Kaemferia shown above has a spicy scent. It is hidden in the underground all through winter and comes to life in the beeginning of monsoon season. No wonder it is called the 'Resurrection Lily'. Its local name is Nela Sampige. The tubers are used in Ayurvedic medicine.
Aerides orchid shwn above is another harbinger of the monsoon season. It is known as the garland made by the mythical queen Draupadi when she had to spend 12 years in the forest. Unlike Sita, who made long garlands, Draupadi did not have enough time to make lengthy ones.

2 comments:


  1. Merry Christmas,
    I want to share a gratitude to Dr Itua whom cure my herpes and diabetes with his herbal medicine that he prepare and send to me through courier service, Dr Itua is a herbal doctor my friend here in mexico introduce to me that Dr Itua cure all kind of diseases such as HIV, Herpes, Neuromuscular Diseases , Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. then I contacted him and ordered Dr Itua herbal medicine and after drinking the herbal medicines for 30 days I was cured completely, until now I'm healthy and cured completely because of Dr Itua herbal medicines.
    Thank you blog admin.
    You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, Whatsapp Number: +2348149277967. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete