Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Flower Market, Hong Kong

 It was early in the morning when I visited the Flower Market, and the shop keepers were still arranging their flowers for sale. Therewere lovely flowers and foliage everywhere- they had all arrived that morning from Thailand, Australia, Netherlands and from all over the world. It was a beautiful sight.
 Lisianthus blooms from Mexico were new to me. They look like roses although they belong to the Gentian family. I was sure I could make them bloom in my garden, but could not find any shop selling Lisianthus seeds. They are also known as Eustoma.
 Proteas were another flower we never get to see in India. They are startling in their appearance.
My thanks to the team of Our World Tuesday, for giving us an opportunity to get a peep at what is happening in the other parts of our world.

10 comments:

  1. Must be such a wonderful walk down that street

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such colorful, beautiful, different flowers and your captures are wonderful!! Thank you for sharing the beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very beautiful flower market !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a floral treat, eh.
    :)
    Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are very exquisite flowers among them! Thank you for the lovely photos!
    Have a great week.
    Wil, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant colors, beautiful! I am watching snowflakes flutter to the earth like tiny white butterflies at the moment. Spring takes its time here in NH, I'm content to have blossoms on my windowsill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are new to me too! So colourful and lovely! ;)

    ReplyDelete