Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sankraman - Songkran

 Today, the 14th of April is a very special day to Hindus and Buddhists. Many Hindus celebrate it as the New Year's Day. It is special day in Thailand and Cambodia too, where they call it Songkran.

 This is the season for flowers. In Kerala, this day is celerated as Vishu , and in the state of Assam, it is the Bihu festival.
The Amaltas  Cassia is blooming profusely everywhere, adding to the air of festivities.

My thanks to the team of Our World Tuesday.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, such beautiful, colorful flowers!! I do love your captures for the day!! Thanks, as always, for sharing the beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your choice of flowers to share. They are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the amaltas and the ornamental ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such splendid tropical blooms. Just planted an orange Ixora in my orange corner. I have never been lucky with them, I hope this time it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you! The Amaltas's bloom is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete