Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Valley of Flowers in the Himalayas

I have always been fascinated by the Himalayas, which I visit every year. These are some of the photos of the abundabnt wildflowers in the Valley of Flowers where I trekked in August 2015.
 Innula with a bee.

 The valley- when you trek farther, you come to the grave of the British botanist Joan Margaret Legge, who lost her balance while trekking and died.
 The blue poppy in its natural habitat.
Many people are daunted by the rather difficult trek into the valley and come away without seeing any flowers. Some others expect a flower show like the tulips of Amsterdam !The Valley of Flowers is a naturalist's delight.
My thanks to the team of Our World Tuesday.

10 comments:

  1. I remember you being near the part of the Himalayas, i am envious that you can go there easier. I even haven't been to Nepal just to see the far view of the Himalayas.

    That blue poppy is so beautiful. I love documenting those plants there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been there, must be beautiful according to your pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool, there was a program on tv about it just this week :) Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you everytime you post about the Valley of Flowers. Somehow that trip never materialises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post ! Himalaya is the biggest source of peace and the nature's best is seen as an output over here. The climate of Himalaya is heaven on the earth. Flower posts uploaded by you are simply eye-relaxing.


    ReplyDelete