Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Rare Visitor

I have always longed to take bird pictures, but rarely been successful. The best I could do was to take the pictures of the sleeping Barn Owl and the Egret. So Iwas thrilled to get this shot of the Kingfisher which visited my garden yesterday.
The kingfisher is a cosmopolitan bird, equally at home in cty gardens and the countryside. It eats grasshoppers and other insects. In some cultures, it is considered to be sacred.
The Kingfisher Airlines which operates in India is a very friendly and efficient airline. The Kingfisher brand of beer is a popular drink here.
I hope the bird Kingfisher visits my garden often.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. And please do not compare it with the airline, even if their service is good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very colorful. I've never seen one in person before.

    ReplyDelete