Friday, March 4, 2011

Skywatch Friday- Beehive in the sky


I had not noticed the beehive on the roadside Copperpod tree just outside my gate until my neighbour drew my attention to it yesterday . The tree with its thick canopy and its formidable height gives the perfect place for the wild Apis indica bees to build their hive. Nectar supply is also assured for the bees in the neighbourhood gardens and the flowering trees planted on the roadsides.
Although I am very happy to see the beehive so close to my home, the neighbours are anxious. The sting of these large wild bees is very painful.
I hope the villagers will not destroy the beehive when I am away at work.
I thank the team of Skywatch Friday. For more pictures of the skies from all over the world see

10 comments:

  1. Huge tree and bee hive!! Amazing shot! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have them in our apartment, quite scary. Wish they could be relocated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a large one. I don't mind beehives when they're up so high. But the ones closer to the ground...that's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lotusleaf Thank You for this look at your world so many miles away from where I am!
    Wow!! I am a lover of bees because they pollinate and I can understand the fear of some who pass by. Let's hope that they are allowed to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's huge beehives! I have frequent visit by bees early in the morning everyday.... may be there is a beehives nearby...
    A bit scary but if they are high up, i don't mind too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a beehive... this was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be so worried if I see a bee hive, even if it is high up on the tree. The sting is terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never seen this here. This is very big!
    Have a happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. i saw some similar hives at Lalbagh recently. they are a bit scary, though fascinating!

    ReplyDelete