Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today's Flowers

This Clerodendrum vine is a rampant climber and is very invasive in this climate, but the fire-engine red flowers are very attractive.
This bougainvillea never fails to fascinate me, with two different coloured flowers in the same branch.

The red amaryllis (or is it Hippeastrum?) is flowering in most of the gardens, heralding spring.


The white amaryllis used to be perfectly white, but now the blooms have distinct red lines in them. Effect of cross pollination? The bulbs are never removed from their place in the ground.
My thanks to Santilli, Pupo, Denise and Sandy Carlson. To view more pictures of flowers from all over the world, please click on http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com



8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the bi-coloured bougainvillea! Even the foliage is pretty. My amaryllis lilies are budding now...waiting eagerly for them to bloom.

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Beautiful pictures, beautiful flowers. My favorite plant, which grows in Poland is not in the garden is bougainvilleas. I wrote about it in my blog. GREETS

    ReplyDelete
  3. the red and white amaryllis are enchanting. bougainvilleas are blooming here, too.

    about the white flower i posted, no, it doesn't have a fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious flowers and colors! Your captures are superb as always! Hope you have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a bougenvilla like yours in Costa Rica. Very beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flower!! Nature's work is always mysterious.

    Thank you for your warm concern. Fortunately Nara where I live is far away from the epicenter. Now the worst scenario has been rewritten every minute aroud the area of epicenter. I'm so sad. And for the time being, I'll be absent from my blog. I hope I'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amei suas flores coloridas e lindas em fotos maravilhosamente feitas!

    ReplyDelete