Sunday, July 10, 2011

Today's Flowers

This is the flower of the Spiral ginger, which is also called the Insulin Plant. It is claimed that eating a leaf of this plant daily would regulate insulin production in the body.
Although The Pride of India blooms are over in most of the trees now, I found this flower in a tree yesterday.
This pink frangipani , planted as a roadside tree is full of flowers now.
The purple passion flower
Butterflies seem to love Pentas blooms.
My thanks to Santilli, Denise, Pupo and Sandy Carlson for hosting Today's Flowers, which brings joy to all who see it.

14 comments:

  1. So many beautiful flowers in India!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passion flower is always amazing... great artwork offered by nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite flowers, gorgeous colors and such a wonderful variety! Superb captures! Always a delight to visit your blog! Hope you've had a lovely weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blooms!

    Today's Flower at my end, hope you can drop by,. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are truly amazing!!
    Some acquaintance from Kerela gave me a spiral ginger and made me aware about its medicinal virtues concerning Diabetes.At that time I did'nt give it much thought, but after reading about it in your post I'm thinking of trying this alternative therapy in some of my early Diabetic patients!!
    Thanks and Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spiral ginger flower looks so colourful and delicate. But the leaf is so huge and meaty! How does one chomp on a whole leaf everyday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Pride of India is fascinating. a lovely collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers and even more beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful collection of flowers here. The bloom of India are commonly grown by the roadsides here, there's few planted near my house,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the spiral ginger. I have a variegated one with a white flower here in my garden in Brisbane but my two dogs give it a terrible time and snap off many of the new shoots as they come through. Interesting to hear of the insulim connection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Piękne kwiaty, a fioletowy super.Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete