Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Water Buffalo

 The water buffalo is a very valued animal in India. The female buffaloes are used for their milk, and the males do the work in the field.a
 Buffalo milk is full of fat, and has more proteins than cow milk. Buffalo butter is as white as the wild jasmine.Wrightia tinctoria.
Water buffaloes like to loll in the muddy waters of swamps and ponds. They don't like to sea-bathe. I saw them walking on the Konkan beach at daybreak- probably going out to work!
I am joining Our World Tuesday and ABCWednesday. I thank both their organizers.

12 comments:

  1. Welcome to Our World!! I love your pics for the day as always and I enjoyed the information regarding the water buffaloes!! Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I've seen to many water buffaloes put to work. They don't seem too upset about it in that last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely shots of these gentle creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice images. I remember Water Buffaloes from my holidays in wonderful India (Goa).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You told me things about the Water Buffoloes I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read some where that buffalo meat is healthier than cow's meat.

    ReplyDelete