Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Flowers for Autumn

Those of us who live in the tropics are lucky to have flowers blooming throughout the year. After the untimely heavy rains, new flowers have started blooming in my garden. The flowers shown above are the lime-green flowers of the Shrimp plant Beloperone gutata.
The Begonia 'Dancing Girl' has started putting out exquisite pale pink flowers, which dance in the slightest breeze.

These are the lilac flowers of the Mexican sage.


The Spider Flower, Cleome is blooming profusely now. the yellow flowers at the back are the tiny flowers of Galphimia glauca.
Many other plants are getting ready to display their blooms, while some, like my chrisanthemums have found the rains too much and seem to be dejected.



5 comments:

  1. Begonia 'Dancing girl' -- beautiful, delicate-looking flowers with a name to match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know the Shrimp plant came in that colour also! My begonia is blooming too but the Cleomes are long gone. I must say the Mexican sage blooms are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shailaja: Many of the begonias have apt names- I have one called Angel Wings !
    Kanak: This is the first time I have planted cleomes. The friend who gave me the seeds said that they invade the garden in one season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the begonia, and the Mexican sage have never seen it before. Not a great lover of the shrimp plant but that colour is unusual.

    ReplyDelete