Monday, August 2, 2010

My World

Last Sunday we climbed the Chamundi Hill in Mysore. The hill has an ancient temple on top as well as a beautiful palace of the old Maharajas.
There are exactly a thousand rough hewn steps to reach the top. When we reached the gateway of the steps at 6 a.m, we were surprised to see hundreds of people climbing the hill. It was a festival, and people wanted to visit the temple early.

The whole place was covered with mist, giving it a mysterious look.


A view of the beautiful city of Mysore, covered in mist, from the top of the hill.




At last we reached the top and saw jostling crowds and hooting cars. The temple loomed etherially in the fog.
I thank the team of My World . To see more pictures from all over the world, please go to http://showyourworld.blogspot.com



9 comments:

  1. What a lovely tour! Very colorful, beautiful and interesting place! Thanks for taking us along! I do love the way the fog/mist makes it all look so mysterious! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful, I have been there a couple of times but I want to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see Mysore looking lovely as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a long climb - but well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sylvia. I am glad you enjoyed it.
    Indrani, welcome to my blog and thanks for the comment.It is a lovely climb during the monsoon season.
    J.Bar, thanks.
    Shailaja, whenever I visit Mysore, I feel thankful that it is still so beautiful and serene.
    Lesley, welcome to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful sight of temple! Mysore must be very beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cold? I like that view from the hill. It's so nice to trek in the morning isn't it? The air must have been really refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tour of the temple. It is a beautiful place. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete