Friday, August 13, 2010

Weekend Reflections

The city of Alwar in Rajasthan has many lakes around it. This is one such lake, Lake Siliset, on which the former Maharajah had built a palace. The palace is now a popular hotel.
The Aravali hill range surrounds the lake, which is the habitat of many birds , fishes and crocodiles.

A part of the famous 1967 Hindi movie 'The Guide' was shot around here, and astonishingly, the place still looks the same.
My thanks to James for hosting Weekend Reflections.You can see more pictures at http://newtowndailyphoto.blogspot.com

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos ... and such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The towers on the tiny island and their reflection in the lake waters are beautifully captured. I couldn't locate the palace, though. Is it seen in any of the pics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely reflections! Your photos are superb as always! I also enjoy the information you include, always makes the post even more interesting and helps me appreciate the subject of your photos more as well! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Bernie. It is a beautiful place.
    Thanks Shailaja. I took these shots from the palace.Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go to the other side and take the picture of the palace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A calm reflection!! I bet this place is perfect to unwind yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A picture of tranquility! I like the bare look of the Aravallis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fini, Welcome and thanks for taking time to comment.
    Gine, Thank you.
    Kanak, the other side of the hills have dense forests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, what a beautiful, magical place... thank you very much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis reminds me that India is a huge country full of variety - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the nice scenery! I always enjoy your photos of such a diverse country.

    ReplyDelete